Monday, August 17, 2009

Inspire Me Mondays # 18





Oh, to be 40-something and live the day as a 14 year old with your best friend.

Inspired by: Happy Week!! This whole, glorious week is devoted to what makes me happy. And let me tell you, the very best way to start off this week is to spend it with my dearest, Lisa, at the Erie County Fair.


Scorching temperatures, sunblock, spray bottle for misting the backs of knees and one over-sized rainbow umbrella.

Grey- dappled Percherons, moo-ternity ward babies, goats with airplane-wing ears and sheered champion rams.

Merry-go-rounds and swinging chairs, air-conditioned buildings with cabbage and corn, blue ribboned pickles and peas.

Ice cream for lunch, pure maple cotton candy in a bag,Tootsies fried dough nuggets dusted with yum.

Sweat trickling down from temples to toes. A fully clothed jump in the pool. Relief. Wild hair and sogging undies.

Dinner. A book store. A photo booth session too ghastly to reveal. Yawns. Hugs. Good byes.

Best ever 14 year old's happy summer day.


For more Inspire Me Mondays from happy people, click HERE.

To access the blogroll for Happy Week adventures, click HERE and prepare to smile.


6 comments:

  1. susan@80o8/17/2009

    I attended the fair today with my best gal pal, and for me it involved ODing on sugar. Over the course of this long, hot, sultry, August dog day, I had not one but two waffles dipped in messy powdered sugar, penuche fudge, maple sugar candy, kettle corn, and a sampling of chocolate Cabernet wine ice cream. A steady stream of liquids washed it all down. I looked at all the live stock, tigers and reindeer, too; attended the duck races and a bit of the horse pull; and bought a bar of Lavender Delight homemade goat milk soap as my keepsake from the day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This reminded me of the Fat Stock Show in Ft. Worth, TX, where I grew up. I went every year. Your post makes me miss those good old days so long ago...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous8/18/2009

    happy images!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh this sounds like the happiest kind of day - perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the idea of letting my 14-year-old self out to play for a day...it's been far too long :) Thank you for taking us with you to the fair!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh a day at the fair is just the best!!! I love the fair! so many lovely childhood and teen memories are farm animal-scented for me (wow that sounded really gross, but you know what I mean). I love that you got to spend this happiest of days with your friend.

    ReplyDelete

I always appreciate the time you take to comment on my blog. Thank you for stopping by. Peace from my heart to yours. xo, Graciel