Monday, July 19, 2010

The Real Work



{ Yes, I say, yes, I say, yes!}


"The real work of this life is not
what we do every day from nine to five.

The real work is to disidentify from self-images
that were formed a lifetime ago,
and from which we still construct our daily lives.

The real work is to allow ourselves

to be who we already are,
and to have what we already have.
The real work is to be passionate,

be holy, be wild, be irreverent,
to laugh and cry until you

awaken the sleeping spirits,
until the ground of your being cleaves
and the universe comes flooding in."



~Geneen Roth
in Appetites: On the Search for True Nourishment


I found this quote today over at Lisa's land of renegade.
  The timing, for me, could not have been more perfect.

4 comments:

  1. It IS perfect. And scary. And absolutely necessary - the time is here.

    xoxo
    Debi

    ReplyDelete
  2. is filled with such truth.
    thank you for the lovely wishes, my friend.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes, the real work. I know this is the real work, I know it, and I am shaking those sleeping spirits, shaking them awake.They've been asleep a long time, so they are groggy. But it's a start.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is wonderful! I hope your week is going well, dear Graciel.

    ReplyDelete

I always appreciate the time you take to comment on my blog. Thank you for stopping by. Peace from my heart to yours. xo, Graciel